Lyon Valley Northern

This site is designed to promote the hobby of ferroequinology. It also provides an opportunity to show the development of the "Lyon Valley Northern": an HO railroad featuring CN and BNSF action in the West. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or comments at cnlyon@sympatico.ca

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Retired

Friday, April 11, 2008

First Pond Pour

I poured my first layer of envirotex-lite into the beaver pond. It goes in thick but settles out flat. It penetrates the banks and wicks a bit up the sides. The next pour will even it out.


I placed two beavers into the pond so they were submerged and looked like they were swimming. You will notice white bits in the envirotex. These are air bubbles. I popped most of them with a toothpick and stirred a bit.


This closeup shows the beaver swimming toward the lodge. I got those bubbles as well.


Dryed now...it is perfectly clear. I plan to glue a tree limb to a beavers mouth and have him swimming on the surface toward the dam. A thin final layer of envirotex will make him look right with his tree half submerged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home