Lyon Valley Northern

This site is designed to promote the hobby of ferroequinology. It also provides an opportunity to show the development of the "Lyon Valley Northern": an HO railroad featuring CN and BNSF action in the West. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or comments at cnlyon@sympatico.ca

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Retired

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Last of the backdrops for the LVN

Well it was a snow day on Monday, so in between shoveling (Times six) I went to the basement to finish the backdrop on the far wall. First I parked the trains in the visible staging area and then to work. This is the corner where the farm will eventually be located. It will consist of a few craftsman structures and the Alder barn and cement silo. A windmill grain bins cows etc. The foreground tracks will have tanks to service my Glycol cars

I will then connect the scenes with an elevated road, trees and fencing as it moves toward the General Electric siding.

Nothing like the Montana/Alberta foothills for inspiration. Looks like they had snow at the higher elevations. Hmm must have been the snow day influence or the xmas music.



Here is a picture of the finished backdrop scene as taken from the classification yard. Now onto more structure building and scenery.

Thanks very much for the great comments. There will be a Friday Night group Operating session on the 14th. Should be great fun. It will be the start of some holidays for me and then I can really start progressing the LVN.

6 Comments:

Blogger Wayne Woodland said...

Hey Chris;
Thanks for the snow (we got dumped on down here in Halifax yesterday as well)!!! Does make for a good excuse to stay inside (read modeling time). I am sure you would be more than welcome to give a clinic at the MFMR convention- http://home.xcountry.tv/~eastern_benders/id19.htm
-one again great work Chris

Wayne

4:25 PM  
Blogger OlavM said...

What a nice addition! I am drawn into those backdrops, they really makes the foregroup a lot more interesting. If I ever get tired of looking at passing trains I could always rest my eyes on your foothills for a long time! This is SUPERB!
Regards, Olav in Norway

9:43 AM  
Blogger Chris Lyon said...

Thanks for the nice thoughts gents. Wayne we will have to look at that convention.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Mike Sherbak said...

Great looking backdrops there Chris !
Hope you and the FNG'ers had fun tonight operating on the LVN !

I am in California and headed to see the San Diego Model RR Museum tomorrow.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Mike Sherbak said...

Great looking backdrops there Chris !
Hope you and the FNG'ers had fun tonight operating on the LVN !

I am in California and headed to see the San Diego Model RR Museum tomorrow.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Chris Lyon said...

Merry Christmas all. Good to hear from you Mike. Looking forward to your thoughts on your visit to the musium.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home