Lyon Valley Northern

This site is designed to promote the hobby of ferroequinology. It also provides an opportunity to show the development of the "Lyon Valley Northern": an HO railroad featuring CN and BNSF action in the West. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or comments at cnlyon@sympatico.ca

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Retired

Saturday, November 17, 2007

LVN Grain Terminal

The Grain Terminal project was quite an adventure. I took four walthers kits and used all the silos to creat this 16 silo monster. It is built in three sections. Two sets of eight silos and the centre sorting loading unloading building. Kit bashed it went well and I ended up with this 40" structure. It was painted with Krylon spray bombs (Camo, sand, olive and dark browns. And Aluminum for the bits)




It serves as a great scenic block and an interesting siding for my grain cars. Central to the operations between the grain elevators, flour mill and bakery.

3 Comments:

Blogger OlavM said...

Wow!
As simple as that - this complex was impressive. I really enjoy to look at those small cars in front of buildings that size!
The colours of the concrete was a very nice addition!
Now I understand why I need more of these kits...

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Chris Lyon said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home