Lyon Valley Northern

This site is designed to promote the hobby of ferroequinology. It also provides an opportunity to show the development of the "Lyon Valley Northern": an HO railroad featuring CN and BNSF action in the West. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or comments at cnlyon@sympatico.ca

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Retired

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Finishing the raised backdrop/Industrial complex

So today was a great day to finish the project. I went down to the layout room this morning and put the scenery material on the upper surfaces of the slide in backdrop. I glued the buildings in and added bushes. Then over to the wall I went and painted the backdrop using the 3" brush technique using black and medium yellow to create the green hills. Then I built the SAFEWAY sign so the building had an owner. Then Lela came downstairs and helped me lift this puppy into place. I temporarly placed the mirror into the lower track passageway to see the effect. Stepped back and took some photos.









I guess I will get back in there and do some bits with bragdon powders and scenic the end part.The next stage will to work the other areas along that wall and keep adding toward the foreground.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello
Very nice addition!
One tiny spot is dragging my eyes into it every time - the corner of the blue sky. Have you considered making a rounded inner corner in the sky, so that the backdrop corner is not so obvious.

But as always, Lela's and yours work get s me inspired!
Best regards, Olav in Norway

12:27 AM  
Blogger Denny said...

Chris, great job!
At first I wasn't too sure this building backdrop was a good choice, but seeing it installed and scenicked made me change my mind.
It is a beatiful work, congratulations!

2:31 AM  
Blogger Wayne Woodland said...

Very nice work Chris. Love the weathered look.Cheers.

Wayne

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home