Lyon Valley Northern

This site is designed to promote the hobby of ferroequinology. It also provides an opportunity to show the development of the "Lyon Valley Northern": an HO railroad featuring CN and BNSF action in the West. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or comments at cnlyon@sympatico.ca

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Retired

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Foothills Backdrop

Here are some photos of my latest backdrop painting along the far wall. My Alberta farming community will go in here with three grain elevators, station and flour mill. Same approach was taken. I started with blue wall, followed with scrubbed in clouds. A blue skyline and the yellow and black (green) for the hills. Distant mountains were done with ultramarine blue, white and a touch of crimson.








4 Comments:

Blogger Denny said...

Chris,
excellent paiting job!

1:05 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Nice work Chris! The colour choices always seem odd to read (ultramarine? crimson?) but you can't argue with the results!

Andrew

8:54 AM  
Blogger Wayne Woodland said...

Chris;

You are truly talented - your back drops are fantastic. I see some of the locals in the Ottawa area have asked (arm - twisting) your services when it comes to backdrops.Cheers.

Wayne Woodland

2:50 PM  
Blogger Chris Lyon said...

Thanks for the comments guys. Yes Wayne I have finished a few in the last year and also have taught the techniques to others. I will be doing a clinic at the convention in Ottawa in Apr for the local chapter of the NMRA (Bytown Bobber). Maybe I could also do something in the future for the Maritime Federation of Model Railroaders as well.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home