Lyon Valley Northern

This site is designed to promote the hobby of ferroequinology. It also provides an opportunity to show the development of the "Lyon Valley Northern": an HO railroad featuring CN and BNSF action in the West. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or comments at cnlyon@sympatico.ca

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Retired

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Fall Railfan Afternoon Near Cornwall

In 2 Oct 2013 I was going to Cornwall to give a clinic to the Moccasin Model Railroad Cub and I decided o do some railfanning since it was a nice fall colour day.  So just west of Cornwall at CN milepost 72.30 I set up to stick my line in the water and see what I old catch.  A nice spot on a level crossing there was a place to park the car near the bird pond south of the tracks.  It was not a busy afternoon but I did manage to see five trains.  One as I was getting out of my car to head track side.....And one VIA heading east so it was trailing away from the camera.  The others three were heading toward the sun so the photos were more typical. 
 
 The first were elephant style.  VIA F-40PH-2 and P42-DC.
 These second had VIA F-40PH-2.  The sun was getting pow in the sky thus the bad reflection sorry.
The engineer of this mixed freight hit the throttle as it approached the crossing giving me a nice puff of smoke for the shot.  The lead unit is a C40-8W numbered CN2172.

 I used my sports setting on my Canon T3i for this sequence... to try it out.  The sun had quite an effect compared to shots taken earlier in th day.
The sun was lower and warm colours prevailed.  Nice in the autumn leaves.  All in all not a bad afternoon for the fall.  Short sleaves and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home