Lyon Valley Northern

This site is designed to promote the hobby of ferroequinology. It also provides an opportunity to show the development of the "Lyon Valley Northern": an HO railroad featuring CN and BNSF action in the West. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or comments at cnlyon@sympatico.ca

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Retired

Monday, December 06, 2010

Final Photos of the completed Railroad Workers Build

Glued the four sides together and then attached it to the Base.

 I added paper blinds and drapes into the windows.

 I also added a black insert so that you could not see through into the unfinished building
Finished the build over the weekend.  The walkways were all laser cut.  They fit together really well. 

 The roof was laser cut peel and stick paper.  I pre- painted it with a camo krylon black green spray bomb.
 The white metal parts were clean and so I just had to paint them.  I again used Krylon aluminum and rust.  The brick mortar was Roberts.  I then weathered with Bragdon powders.
 The backside of the building shows the subtle weathering with the brown, black and rust bragdon powders.
 The closeup shows the neat fit of the roof to the building sides.  There were slots for easy alignment.
Voila.  All I need to do is build a small diorama and mount it into the layout.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Nice to see another fine modelling project taking shape, Chris.

Thanks for being a Trackside Treasure blog partner over the past year. Merry Christmas to you and yours, and all the best for 2011.

Eric

6:48 PM  
Blogger jgotts said...

Very nice Chris. I made the same structure in N-scale as a Seaside Room & Board.
As always, great work!

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home