Lyon Valley Northern

This site is designed to promote the hobby of ferroequinology. It also provides an opportunity to show the development of the "Lyon Valley Northern": an HO railroad featuring CN and BNSF action in the West. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or comments at cnlyon@sympatico.ca

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Retired

Friday, September 16, 2011

Narrow Guage Convention Clinic

I had a very good time in Hickory.  I presented two clinics on Backdrop Painting and there was a great deal of interest in the techniques and folks were asking about a DVD I had producted along with my friend Mike Hamer.  Right now, I am trying to determine the production route and it really depends on the interest indicated on my blog for wanting one of the DVDs.  The DVD is home made with an HD camera and is 1 hr 20 min including a discussion of the nature of backdrops and how they are used to extend the layout to the horizon as well as brushes, paint, colour mixing, painting techniques and the creation of a backdrop using the same methods you saw in the clinic.  If you are interested in a DVD please drop me a line at cnlyon@sympatico.ca so I can determine the size of the production run.  Glad you enjoyed the presentation and I really do believe everyone can do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home