Lyon Valley Northern

This site is designed to promote the hobby of ferroequinology. It also provides an opportunity to show the development of the "Lyon Valley Northern": an HO railroad featuring CN and BNSF action in the West. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or comments at cnlyon@sympatico.ca

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Retired

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Amsterdam Centraal

Here are some photos from my recent trip to Amsterdam. I did some railfanning at the station. It was great as you had easy access to all platforms and the variety of passenger equipment was great. Commuters, intercity and the high speed. Enjoy











2 Comments:

Blogger Canadian Train Geek said...

Thanks for those! I am on my way to Amsterdam on Saturday, and I hope to take some photos in the central station too. Did anyone give you a hassle about photographing trains?

8:27 PM  
Blogger Chris Lyon said...

No problem as long as your on the platforms. The engineers wave. I saw a few local railfans out waiting to capture a particular train. You will find it a challenge to get on the right platform. The ICE can be best viewed from 1 0r 2 and the red one from 11. You will find the through freights. It can be a quicck qalk from the stairs to the end of the platforms. I found the best place was platform on or 2 either at the east or west end. I liked the west best.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home