Lyon Valley Northern

This site is designed to promote the hobby of ferroequinology. It also provides an opportunity to show the development of the "Lyon Valley Northern": an HO railroad featuring CN and BNSF action in the West. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or comments at cnlyon@sympatico.ca

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Retired

Monday, March 19, 2012

Roof on the Sierra West Boiler Repair

I had a great week to work on the Sierra West Boiler Repair Shop.  After gluing the sides together, I had a chance to add the rood, venting and smoke stacks.  Here are pictures of the four sides.  I changed the roofing material from tar paper to Bar mills Shingles. the burner stack is a separate item and will be glued on the module in place.

I took the photos outside in the natural light.  The doors are metal castings and the building sides are board on board over card stock.  The windows are peel and stick while the frames are board on board.  I used the Monster Nailer for all the nail holes. There  will be a porch with roof over the front entrance scene above.

 This side will eventually have doodads around it and that should liven it up quite a bit
 I used almond Krylon spray bomb on the brick part of the burner to highlight the mortar.  Then I dry brushed brown on the bricks.  Next I lightly sprayed Krylon rust primer.  Then dry brushed some rust Bragdons on it.  The door was done with smoke and black brown Vallejo paint and while wet I dabbed on some dark Bragdon rust powder and blew off the excess.
There will be tracks going into the building at the big double doors.  There will also be an overhead crane to lift heavy metal parts and supplies off the flat cars that service this business.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Chris!

Well done.

I manged to leaf tru the issue at Supertrain 2012 hehehe.

Syl

11:12 AM  
Anonymous plumbing supplies said...

This is really good. Making 3D images model helps a lot in planning your model home. I'll keep visiting for more of your posts.

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Diana@ boiler repair said...

I loved the images too much and I would like to share it via pinterest and hope everyone will love to share it.

1:54 AM  
Blogger Chris Lyon said...

Glad you enjoyed the models

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home