Lyon Valley Northern

This site is designed to promote the hobby of ferroequinology. It also provides an opportunity to show the development of the "Lyon Valley Northern": an HO railroad featuring CN and BNSF action in the West. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or comments at cnlyon@sympatico.ca

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Retired

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Richmond Yard in Progress

Mike and Joel came over on Saturday to help wrap some of the lumber loads. We had a real assembly line going. The next day I went right to work adding dirt ground foam and static grass. I am going to have the Fridaynight group over on April 13th so this long weekend was ideal to get some work done.


This first picture shows the lumber mill. I painted the buildings with krylon spraybombs including the weathering. The signs came from some Logos I found on the internet. White Glued them to styrene and mounted them on the building. The load wraps are home made based on an old kit I had. The full loads were made by my friend Richard Caig in Edmonton.

The backdrop was painted using my old tried and true 3 inch brush and fan brush with yellow and black acrylics.

Ah yes the helo shot. Stood on a chair for this one.

More shots showing the run around track in front of the mill and printing companies.

This is the yard lead. You can see the caboose track to the left and the fuel facility to the right. Static grass really makes a great 3D look.

This picture was taken where the Richmond yard joins the classification yard. Will have to name it soon. All in all a great day of work. Tomarrow I will head down to continue with this fun endeavour. Chow for now!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home