Lyon Valley Northern

This site is designed to promote the hobby of ferroequinology. It also provides an opportunity to show the development of the "Lyon Valley Northern": an HO railroad featuring CN and BNSF action in the West. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or comments at cnlyon@sympatico.ca

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Retired

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Halton Hills Railfan A great weekend

 





































Just in time to see a local headed by GP9s taking a string of tank cars to Kingston. The tracks were still blocked toward Bellville because of native land claim issues. So on to Toronto I went.
I decided to go visit my Dad in Toronto. I left Ottawa and travelled south to Smith Falls. I spoke with the CP engineers at the station and they indicated to me there was not going to be much traffic this morning except a VIA. I decided to catch a few shots and then I went further south to Joyceville MP 163.34 on the CN Kingston Sub.The next day I went out early in the morning but kept getting skunked just missing CP traffic in Streetsville. Oh well I did visit Credit Valley Hobbies and picked up some Genesis Gunderson Box Cars. On Sunday I went to my old hunting grounds in Halton Hills. Between MP 25 and 30. It was great. I caught so many trains that morning. Met some fellow ferroequinologists and had a great day. Coming home on Monday I was pleased to hear the CN line had reopened and I caught this eastbound mixed freight heading east

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Hamer said...

Chris, looks like you had horshoes after all judging by the many and varied trains in your posting!

Hope all is well with your dad!
Cheers, Mike

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home