Lyon Valley Northern

This site is designed to promote the hobby of ferroequinology. It also provides an opportunity to show the development of the "Lyon Valley Northern": an HO railroad featuring CN and BNSF action in the West. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or comments at cnlyon@sympatico.ca

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Retired

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Starboard Coal Mine in


After a great Friday night with the boys, we had a great session as we made our way back in CP time to the steam transition era. Have to visit the blog to see a 1970s vinatage hand laid track with panels and dispatchers board. Got me really motivated to lay more track today. The Stbd coal mine. Four hours of afternoon tracklaying and she was done. Got to thinking about what was left and started to replan.

Off to Petawawa next week on TD so I think I will take a couple of kits to keep me happy. Pictures this time give you a perspective on the mine. It comes off of the staging yard around the corner and along the wall.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, nice power and rolling stock. You should try and weather some of it!!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Chris Lyon said...

Thanks for your comments Dave. Summer is my weathering time (I do it in the garage) and I like to have some scenery in before I start putting on the road grime so the overall effect is blended. Can't do everything at the same time as track has priority before the next operating session with the Friday night group in late April.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Mike Hamer said...

Hi Chris. The Starboard Coal Company will certainly add a great deal of traffic and interest to the railroad. Looking forward to the next ops session to switch out this industry! Cheers, Mike

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home