Lyon Valley Northern

This site is designed to promote the hobby of ferroequinology. It also provides an opportunity to show the development of the "Lyon Valley Northern": an HO railroad featuring CN and BNSF action in the West. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or comments at cnlyon@sympatico.ca

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Retired

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Next Came the lights December 2005

One of the big issues for me was to have great lighting as I am in the basement and it is difficult to enjoy the hobby if you feel your in the dark. Based on advice from a good friend Richard, I purchased floresent bulbs that were specifically designed by Phillips to be used in Hospitals to help treat folks with SAD. They are twice as bright 40 W rating and based on what the electrician said draw very little power. I installed 24 double bulb fixtures and placed them along the benchwork so they were centred nine inches from the front. This reduced shadows and ensured great coverage. The natural colour is amazing and I really do feel great going to work down there on the dark winter days.


Here is a second shot of the lights.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Hamer said...

With all those lights, I became "much cheerier" while operating the layout! :-)

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home