Lyon Valley Northern

This site is designed to promote the hobby of ferroequinology. It also provides an opportunity to show the development of the "Lyon Valley Northern": an HO railroad featuring CN and BNSF action in the West. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or comments at cnlyon@sympatico.ca

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Retired

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

BACKDROP PAINTING; HOW TO PART 7

Please follow the step by step from part 1 through 7 from top to bottom for each post. There are 20 clips in all. The demonstrations are done on 8.5x11 for convenience. Any questions...just comment or email me.

Here are some thoughts about the process. Anyone can do it. Takes a little practice.


Thanks to Lynn who inspired me to do this video sequence. Any additional techniques that need more shots I will do my best to accommodate. When you put your scenery in front of these backdrops it extends the layout room but does not draw your eyes away from your models.

3 Comments:

Blogger OlavM said...

Hello
Great stuff! You are making a very good and easy to follow series of videos here! I'll study them in detail! Thanks again for one of the best model railroads blogs! Ever!!
Olav in Norway

3:28 AM  
Blogger Chris Lyon said...

Thanks Olav. Very kind of you. If you would like to see more on Mountains then I would be pleased to post a few more.. I have completed a backdrop at a friend's recently. Also several other projects to be posted...I am getting behind.

1:29 PM  
Blogger OlavM said...

Hello
More samples would be nice!
Best regards, Olav in Norway

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home